Instead of having a purely practical and functional home, more and more people are looking to remodel a room for luxury so they can indulge in a favorite pastime or spoil themselves.
Let’s think beyond just the bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom. Let’s look at some other rooms in your home that deserve a luxury remodel.
Yes, the laundry room can be remodeled for luxury. Does it have to be a strictly functional space where you spend as little time as possible? Consider some luxury fittings and finishes to turn it into a room where you will be happy to spend more time.
- Install granite or custom concrete countertops to add elegance and warmth to the laundry. Be sure they have plenty of space for organizing and folding.
- How about an island? If your kitchen can have it, why not your laundry room?
- Remodel the room so the washer and dryer fit under your gorgeous new countertops.
- Include plenty of ornate drawers, cabinets, basket drawers, hanging closets, shelves and coat racks.
- Huge new tub sinks with waterfall faucets.
- Replace the flooring with stunning new tiles to make the room look immaculate, open and opulent. Be sure to include the comfort of under-floor heating.
- Spice up the luxury factor by including a reading nook for a desk and chair, along with a niche for an audio system and television.
With the furious pace of life these days, you deserve a space where you can relax, unwind, even meditate and find some peace. Other than a luxury chair or sitting room, make a healthier choice to remodel a room into your very own yoga and meditation chamber.
Here are some things to think about for a luxury yoga room instead of just a plain old exercise room:-
- The colors in the room should be light and calming. No bold fixtures, pictures or wall hangings that may distract you from your yoga or meditation.
- If you can, install wood flooring for warmth, softness and the connection with natural materials. For yoga, bamboo flooring is truly the best.
- Remodel so the room receives as much natural light as possible. If that’s not possible, make sure the lighting in your room is soothing and diffused.
- TV screen and sound system embedded into the wall for your yoga videos and relaxation music.
A dedicated wine cellar really defines luxury in a home. It is becoming more popular to remodel a room just for this, or even incorporate one into the design of a new home. If you haven’t enough room for a separate cellar, you can remodel the dining or living room to include a wine cabinet or vault.
A basement is ideal for a wine cellar. The room can be designed to have a rustic Mediterranean or French feel, with rough brick walls and solid wood racks custom fitted to the room’s dimensions.
The most important aspect in the design of a wine cellar is temperature control. With our tropical Florida climate, it is important that the space is perfectly insulated and air conditioned for strict regulation of temperature and humidity. Then you and your guests can wallow in the luxury of enjoying your fine wine collection.
There are so many ideas for remodeling any room in your home into a luxury room. To get you underway, talk to a tried and true design and construction contractor with a flair for the luxurious.
Greg Nelson is the owner of Nelson Construction & Renovations Inc. He is a Florida State Certified Building Contractor, creating artistry in all areas of design and construction projects. He is a musician, and artist. A husband and father, Greg appreciates all the wonderful elements of family life.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Nelson Construction and a clickable link back to this page.