There is a lot of planning to do before having your new luxury home constructed. Follow the advice of a trusted contractor in this field and you can have the home of your dreams!
Popular Features of Luxury New Homes
Naturally, people have varied tastes about the luxury features they want in a new home. Here are some that remain ever popular.
- Huge bay windows. Wide like a theater screen and also reaching from floor to ceiling, so you have panoramic views from just about every room.
- Chef’s kitchen. Picture your gorgeous, high-end kitchen with solid wood cabinets, stainless steel appliances, along with custom countertops and backsplashes of concrete, granite, soapstone or quartz. Make it truly a chef’s kitchen by including:
- Clear layout. Allocate separate areas for preparing, cooking and baking. Let traffic flow through the room with dedicated countertop areas and innovative designs for storage and appliance locations.
- Versatile cooking options. A chef’s kitchen will have options – gas ranges, island cooktops, wall ovens, pizza ovens, etc.
- Good lighting. Not just simple overhead lighting, but under-cabinet lighting for countertops and pendant lighting over the kitchen island.
- Master bedroom suite. This is one area of your luxury home where you really deserve opulent comfort. In addition to a custom designed walk-in closet, be sure your en suite bathroom is fitted with double vanities, marble countertops, a large shower/steam area with multiple shower heads, and a freestanding stone tub by a bay window. Add a deck or terrace for private relaxation enjoying breakfast, cocktails or just the view.
- Outdoor living area. Tampa’s balmy weather makes this a luxury must. Elegant and eye-catching custom concrete fixtures – rendered to look like marble or quartz – give that feel of solidity and even ancient Roman style while being impervious to storms and humidity. Benches, couches, arbors, planters, outdoor kitchens, patios, built-in grills, fireplaces, statues, fountains, you name it – tough, adaptable and pure luxury.
- Wet bar. An absolute must for both relaxing and also entertaining. Where you place it is up to you – in the living area, in the rec room, on the patio, by the pool, or in a “man cave”. It’s always cocktail hour.
- Media room. Get the big screen, the theater seats and the popcorn maker. Be sure it’s wired for multimedia as well as controlled lighting, and design separate levels for that extra theater feel. Even include the wet bar in here, then relax and sip your favorite beverage while you watch a movie or everyone plays video games.
Luxury New Home Design & Construction
With so many options available, and with a wide range of fittings and finishes to choose from, you need a contractor with a proven track record in luxury new home design and construction. Aside from checking the contractor’s reputation, portfolio, licensing, insurance and testimonials, you need to be sure it offers these services:
- Complete planning and design to ensure you get the home of your dreams.
- High quality construction using the best materials.
- Dedicated supervision to ensure your home is built on time and within budget.
- A full guarantee of quality workmanship.
If you are to have the best home constructed, have the best company take care of the entire project and then relax in the comfort of your new luxury home.
Greg Nelson is the owner of Nelson Construction & Renovations Inc. He is a Florida State Certified Building Contractor, creating artistry in all areas of design and construction projects. He is a musician, and artist. A husband and father, Greg appreciates all the wonderful elements of family life.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Nelson Construction and a clickable link back to this page.