Are there times when you come home and feel just plain bored with what you see every day? The layout of your home just isn’t working the way you’d like it to. Rooms feel cramped and too closed-in, and you find yourself imagining what it would look and feel like with a much more open concept design. Remodeling contractors can fill this dream.
The style of the kitchen cabinets looked just right about 15 years ago, and your bathroom could certainly be expanded, making way for that brand new spa tub you’ve always wanted. You look longingly at the photos in glossy home décor magazines and imagine yourself in a truly modern space. Maybe it’s time for a change, but you don’t where to start.
Real Estate Agents or Remodeling Contractors?
You may think about selling your existing house to get the living space you’re after, but it’s not always that easy. It takes a lot of time and energy to ready a house for the real estate market, and patience while potential buyers troop through your home, let alone make an offer you can’t refuse. Don’t forget the actual packing and moving, which is no one’s favorite job.
When all is said and done, there’s still no guarantee that you’ll find just the right home to match the vision you have for your new elegant and well laid out living space. Besides, you like the neighbourhood and would really prefer to stay put. You have a lot of important memories associated with this home, ones not worth losing touch with because the kitchen and other areas need to be upgraded.
Consult Remodeling Contractors for New Ideas
The best solution to your predicament, then, is to hire skilled remodeling contractors, professionals who are capable of reinventing your outdated house and creating a truly modern and stylish home that’s perfect for your current and future needs. Remodeling contractors can realize the dream of adding the right modern touches to your old home. Here are just a few ideas to consider when remodeling your home:
- Create a walk-in pantry. Since that old kitchen definitely needs to be revamped, why not add a few features that will really make the functional aspect stand out? Ask your remodeling contractors to make way for an updated version of the traditional walk-in pantry, right next to that fabulous new island with the concrete countertop!
- Update your lighting. Remodeling contractors have skilled electricians on board to help you take advantage of the opportunity to re-do that old wiring and totally revamp your home’s lighting scheme. If walls and ceilings are already being opened up to accommodate some structural changes, it’s the perfect time. Most good remodeling contractors will also have excellent interior designers as part of their team, who can help you achieve lighting effects that are both functional and attractive. Get some jazzy new fixtures and create exactly the ambience you want in your gorgeous new rooms. Consider installing energy-efficient features, such as dimmers and recessed halogen lights.
- Incorporate a spa bathroom. There’s nothing like a relaxing spa experience over the weekend. But why not pamper yourself and make it an everyday indulgence? Create a spa-like bathroom by adding a soaker tub and a frameless shower enclosure. Top it off with a chandelier that reflects on lustrous marble and glass mosaic tiles, and voila! You’re in the lap of luxury.
- Find great new flooring. While you’re at it, consider updating the flooring as well. This goes hand in hand with sprucing up the look and feel of your living areas. Get rid of tired old carpeting and go with the warmth of wood, for example. These days, there are countless fabulous looking and long-wearing flooring materials to choose from. Ask your remodeling contractors for some suggestions and have some fun choosing what suits your home best.
- Re-purpose a seldom used room. Do you have a room that’s become a catch-all for your unused stuff and abandoned hobbies? Remodeling is the perfect time to update and repurpose that space into a great new home office or guest room. Talk to your remodeling contractors to discuss your options.
As you can see, there are numerous advantages to remodeling your home and giving it a contemporary new look and layout. To get the job done right the first time, leave it in the capable hands of professional remodeling contractors.
Greg Nelson is the owner of Nelson Construction & Renovations Inc. He is a Florida State Certified Building Contractor, creating artistry in all areas of design and construction projects. He is a musician, and artist. A husband and father, Greg appreciates all the wonderful elements of family life.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Nelson Construction and a clickable link back to this page.