A comfortable high-tech home in this day and age goes way farther than having a pool, four bathrooms, a hot-tub and a three-car garage. These days, comfort is defined by technology and convenience. The latest homes incorporate cutting edge technology, right from the design and construction phase, to make life so much more comfortable and rewarding.
And you deserve it all.
If you live in Pinellas County, especially the Clearwater and Tampa areas, here is your introduction to high-tech home building and bringing the ultimate in personalized lifestyle convenience to your residence.
Why Build a High-Tech Home?
First, to have the lifestyle you love, the way you want it. Technology is part of modern life, all day, every day. Bind it all together into one gloriously comfortable hub of convenience, communication, entertainment, relaxation and outright comfort.
Next there’s energy economy. Smart technology, like solar and wind and geothermal, avoids dependence on utility providers and the fluctuating prices of the energy market. In addition, using it in your custom home is an investment in the future of many businesses and in Florida’s economy.
Modern systems like solar and geothermal require so little maintenance compared with traditional energy, heating and cooling. They also have longer lifespans.
How about safety? Modern systems can do more than monitor your home’s security. There are leak detection systems with sensors for detecting any source of water leakage or moisture in the walls, ceilings, basement and under the roof. Then you would be alerted. Early detection is huge for safety and for savings in maintenance.
Add these things up and you get incredible long-term value. And resale value.
High-tech will continue growing in our lives. Let your new home not only incorporate today’s innovations and conveniences, but also be capable of adapting to future technology.
Some High-Tech Ideas to Build Into Your Home
- Customized electrical systems for full, crisp audio throughout the home, with everything controlled from a smart phone or tablet. Ceiling-mounted speakers in every room.
- Integrated circuitry through the whole house for audio, TV, multimedia, Internet, networked communications, intercom, lighting control, security, heating, cooling, automatic shades, garden watering, you name it.
- The latest solar power technology fashioned and fitted as part of the architectural motif for your new home.
- From your car’s visor or dash panel, or from your phone/tablet, switch lights on or off and adjust the heating or cooling.
- Television with web camera in the kitchen on a motorized lift so it can be brought down for important times and then hidden away.
- Media room with huge screen and speakers, gaming and adjustable theater seats.
- Windows that automatically adjust tint in certain light conditions to reduce glare and excessive heat.
- Water-saving automatic faucets in every bathroom and the kitchen.
- Electric car charging stations in the garage and in visitor parking locations.
- And more. Talk to your construction team who will design and build your high-tech home.
Greg Nelson is the owner of Nelson Construction & Renovations Inc. He is a Florida State Certified Building Contractor, creating artistry in all areas of design and construction projects. He is a musician, and artist. A husband and father, Greg appreciates all the wonderful elements of family life.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Nelson Construction and a clickable link back to this page.
"Reliable, Licensed & Insured Building Contractor"
For A NO Obligation Design ConsultationContact Us