You can definitely add an extra dose of design cachet by incorporating some terrific tiles when you remodel a kitchen. A tile backsplash is highly practical, yet can add real artistic appeal to this well-used room. With a great-looking, functional new cooking area, you might be surprised what delicacies you’ll be inspired to concoct!
Remodel a Kitchen with Your Pick of Terrific Tile Tactics
To successfully remodel a kitchen with class and character, consider incorporating one of the following tile designs to achieve the particular look and feel that you have in mind.
1. Tiles for color and drama – One great tile backsplash idea is to feature 3” x 6” subway tiles in contrasting colors. This is a great way to add drama to a kitchen space that also requires more color. Ask your kitchen remodeling specialist to combine two different subway tile colors that are mounted using a brick lay pattern. If your backsplash and other tiled areas are spacious enough to accommodate this large scale look, you’re bound to be pleased with the effect.
2. Modern metallic accents – If your newly remodeled kitchen is going to feature sleek and gleaming stainless steel appliances, a great way to bring the room together as a whole is with the use of metallic accents. A tile backsplash consisting of mini mosaics in a neutral grey or other stone color can be made through the use of metallic tile accents. Matte silver tiles look fantastic interspersed with black or slate grey, and will really complement the stainless steel.
3. Go mondo monochromatic – To achieve a more subtle setting, request tiles in a more monochromatic color scheme. Natural looking stone tiles matched with dark wood offer a rich, organic-looking contrast, without being too flashy.
4. Subtle and sophisticated – Muted tile backsplashes are also a great way to achieve a simple and sophisticated feel. Ask your contractor about using 4” x 4” ceramic tiles mounted diagonally above the counter and stovetop areas. This provides real interest and draw attention to your gorgeous new kitchen cabinetry!
5. Mini mosaics make it homey – If you want to remodel a kitchen with über artistic flair, adding mini mosaics is a great design idea that gives the room and an extra homey feel. Consider using different colored mini-mosaic tiles as a border and lighter ceramic tiles to add effective contrast.
Take Time for Tiles When You Remodel a Kitchen
These are just a few of the tile backsplash ideas you may want to consider. Your professional custom home builders will have plenty more suggestions for you to consider and will be able to provide excellent advice about what will work best in enhancing the overall appearance of your freshly remodeled kitchen space. Take your time in choosing. Remember that you’ll be looking at those newly tiled areas each and every day, and want them to look the absolute best.
Greg Nelson is the owner of Nelson Construction & Renovations Inc. He is a Florida State Certified Building Contractor, creating artistry in all areas of design and construction projects. He is a musician, and artist. A husband and father, Greg appreciates all the wonderful elements of family life.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Nelson Construction and a clickable link back to this page.
"Reliable, Licensed & Insured Building Contractor"
For A NO Obligation Design ConsultationContact Us